Learn the basic concepts, tools and functions that you will need for user authentication using a PHP MVC framework.
Add registration and login to the PHP MVC framework we built on the “Build a PHP MVC Framework From Scratch” course.
- Let new users sign up and log in
- Store passwords securely in the database
- Restrict content to logged-in users only
- Use sessions for handling logins
- Allow users to securely reset their own passwords
Build Registration and Login using Models, Views and Controllers
Most websites and web applications need user authentication. Once users sign up to your site, you can tailor content specifically to them, and restrict content to logged-in users only.
By developing user authentication using an MVC framework, your code will be easier to write and maintain.
All the concepts you need to know to understand why the system is developed the way it is are explained in detail.
Content and Overview
I designed this course to follow on from the Write PHP Like a Pro: Build a PHP MVC Framework From Scratch course. At the end of that course you had built your own PHP MVC framework. If you want to add user registration and login to that framework, then this course will cover all you need to know, starting from where that course left off.
Starting with the basic concepts of authentication, this course will take you through all the steps needed to build a complete registration and login system, one piece at a time.
Beginning with the PHP MVC framework from the previous course, each lecture explains what you’re going to add to the code and why, building up the project step by step. At the end of this course, you’ll have built a complete registration and login system using the PHP MVC framework, ready to use in your own projects.
Complete with working source code at every stage, you’ll be able to work alongside the instructor and will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course. Also, at all times throughout the course you have access to the instructor to ask for help with any topic related to the course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for those who want to add authentication to the PHP MVC framework
- This course is NOT for you if you’re not familiar with MVC
- You need to have taken the “Write PHP Like a Pro: Build a PHP MVC Framework From Scratch” course
- You should be comfortable installing software on your computer
- You need to be familiar with the model – view – controller (MVC) pattern