**Updated for 2019**
I’ve updated this course to be more updated as technologies have changed over the last couple of years. The old course (based on Frontend Web Developer) is still available as a bonus module at the end (there’s tonnes of great knowledge in the old course).
This course now includes the secret way to get a job interview without submitting a resume. It’s not really a “secret” it’s just a technique that nobody talks about — until now. It’ll change the way you look for a job as a web developer!
*** If you’re interested in becoming a web developer, this course IS for you! ***
This course is the result of a web development job study I did and I ended up getting 12 interviews in 12 weeks. Yes, I’m serious. Of those 12, most of them offered me a job and in the end I was able to pick which company I wanted to work for.
The goal was to learn what skills companies are actually looking for, and I found those… and much much more. I found a formula for getting interviews quickly.
I even had The City (that I live in) interview me. Twice!
Update: I’ll teach you how to bypass submitting a resume to strangers, and how to get an interview with your dream company.
This course goes over everything I did, in a simple step-by-step guide. You’ll learn:
- The secret way senior developers get job offers so quickly
- The hidden coding tool all developers use, but nobody talks about
- How to stop blindly submitting resumes and get a real interview
- How to work your way into your dream company
- How to find what skills are ACTUALLY in demand in your city
- How to filter the noise and bad advice in Facebook groups
- The REAL truth about crazy job postings with insane qualifications
- The REAL skills you need to get a job as a web developer (hint: it’s not necessarily coding)
- If you REALLY need a GitHub account and a portfolio website
- How to NOT get stuck on small things (hint: stop being a perfectionist, it’s holding you back)
- How to find companies that are hiring in your city
- Why remote jobs are NOT as awesome as people think (this is a common trap people fall into)
- How to apply for your first job
- How to manage your first interview
- How to manage your nervousness in interviews
- How to get TONNES of interviews. I got 12 interviews in 12 weeks.
- How to negotiate your salary and how to deal with the dreaded “how much money do you want?” question
- What companies are REALLY looking for (hint: it’s not what you think)
- Can’t get any interviews? There’s a lesson on how to climb out of that hole
- Soft skills vs. technical skills — which should you focus on?
- How to get a job by making friends
- What to do once you land your first web development job
This course is action-orientated. If you are willing to do the work, this course WILL work for you and get you a job soon.
All the techniques I’m teaching in this course I have actually used. There’s no smoke or magic, and I’m not preaching without experience.
You will learn about some nasty truths about getting an interview in any industry and how to handle them. Don’t get discouraged when somebody doesn’t call you back.
But most importantly, you’ll learn the secret to always having a job in web development. Actually, it’s not a secret, it’s just something nobody openly talks about.
If you’re serious about getting a job as web developer then this course is definitely for you.
Who this course is for:
- The ideal student for this course is somebody who already has some web development knowledge. You don’t need much, but you’ll need a little bit.
- You should WANT to change careers and get into web development as a profession
- This course is for you if you want to get into web development as a career
- This course is for you if you want more freedom in your life
- This course is for you if you’ve been trying to get job interviews
- This course is for you if you’ve been trying to get a job but nobody is calling you back
- This course is NOT for you if you’re trying to make a million dollars
- This course is NOT for you if you’re trying to get a job at Google or Facebook without any prior experience
- This course is NOT for you if you don’t know how to code AT ALL (you need some experience; not much, but some)