Drupal 8 is out and from now on – every new Drupal website should be using the latest version of this wonderful Content Management Framework.
That means that we should learn to change the front-end of our Drupal 8 system – the way we need it.
There are two main things that are changing the game in the Drupal 8 theming
– Drupal 8 is built on top of Symfony framework
– There are lessons learned from Drupal 7
that means that now the theming of a Drupal website is a bit different – everything is much more structured (almost all the markup is in template files), the templates are using Twig and everywhere one has to deal with code – one finds objects and classes.
In the end – it is not as scary as it looks like – simply everything evolved into something much better, much simpler and elegant, something that is not applicable only in the context of Drupal and that is following general web-development best practices.
In this course I tried to explain the general topics the shortest and the clearest way possible as afterwards I tried to illustrate everything with some simple examples. My opinion is that when you see some simple example working and when you try it by yourself – you already have the tools to investigate further and find exactly what you need to be done.
I’ve been doing drupal-development and theming for many years now – so I know what exactly are the topics that are needed the most – I tried to include all of those and in the end I wrapped all that was learned in an example website that we will convert together form a static html-css version into a working Drupal 8 theme.
Lets conquer together the Drupal 8 theming layer!
Who this course is for:
- newbies to Drupal 8 that want to get started with Theming
- Drupal 7 developers and/or people with any Drupal experience that want to learn how the theming in Drupal 8 is being done
- people that have a Drupal 8 website and want to change it’s look
- developers that want to see how Drupal 8 theming is being done
- Some experience with HTML and CSS and a tiny bit of PHP